The Bay Adventurer is located in Paihia, the jewel of the magnificent Bay of Islands and offers a huge range of sightseeing attractions and activities to suit everyone's tastes and budgets!
We want to ensure that your Bay of Islands experience is enjoyable and memorable, the Bay Adventurer is the ideal place to be based for your Bay of Islands stay.
We can book and arrange any activities that take your interest in the beautiful Bay of Islands and beyond at no extra cost to you, right from the hostel reception!
"Really nice stay. Great friendly service at this backpackers hostel. Awesome little town. Thank you for having us." B Cunningham, 2006
Top 3 Things to Do in the Bay of Islands & Northland
1. Swim with the Dolphins
2. Day Sail the Bay of Islands
3. Cape Reinga & 90 Mile Beach
If you are looking for one tour package that has ALL top 3 activities, check out the Combo Tour!
The 144 islands in the Bay are absolutely magical and you cannot experience the Bay of Islands without seeing them! Talk to one of our team members to choose a cruise that will best suit your needs and interests. Some highlights/options available include:
* Large, modern Catamarans & Boats
* Hole in the Rock
* Island Stopovers - enjoy the scenic walks, swim, relax in the café
* Cape Brett Lighthouse
* Grand Cathedral Cave
* Visit picturesque Bays
* You may see seals, dolphins or even whales and endless bird and fish life
* Full Day & Half Day Options
Cape Reinga, Ninety Mile Beach & the Far North
If you visit the Bay of islands, seeing the northern tip of New Zealand is a must! It's a stunning part of the country, although it is accessible by car a far better option is an organised tour. Some options with an organised tour include:
* Pick up & Drop off from the Bay Adventurer
* Sandboarding the Giant Sand Dunes
* Visit the Mighty Kauri Trees
* See the 'Meeting of the Two Seas' the Tasman & Pacific Oceans
* Tapotupotu Bay Stopover - enjoy the surf, swim, relax on the beach
* Fish 'n' Chips (extra cost)
* Local Driver/Guide to entertain & inform you
Swimming with Dolphins
The Bay of Islands in a fantastic place to experience the awe of swimming amongst wild dolphins in the open sea. Enjoy this ultimate marine adventure and get up close and personal with this amazing creatures of the sea. Some options available include:
* Wetsuits, snorkels, masks & fins are provided
* Dolphin Sighting Guarantees (these vary according to the company)
* Complimentary hot drinks & showers
* Island visit
* Safe, fast, modern vessels
* Experienced, local staff
The Bay of Islands offers one of the best cruising grounds in New Zealand and several boats will take you on a leisurely sail with a stop at one of the islands for lunch. Some trips offer the following:
* Activities: kayaking, snorkelling, swimming, island stopovers, walks, sunbathing, swimming
* Lunch on board (extra cost)
* Licensed bar on board (varies per boat/company)
The Bay of Islands is also one of New Zealand's most culturally significant and historic places. A visit to the Waitangi Treaty Grounds is a must, learn about the history of the area and experience stunning views of the Bay from the grounds.
For something special, the Culture North Night Show is an awesome multimedia presentation of the history and culture of Maori and European in New Zealand. Entertaining, educational and a unique experience in the Bay of Islands.
Northland is the birthplace of New Zealand and a great place to experience an authentic Maori experience.
Other Bay of Islands Tours & Activities
Sky Diving, Quad Biking, Horse Riding and Fishing - all are spectacular done from the Bay of islands, for more details ask one of our team members at the office.
There are a number of wonderful walks in the area, for more information and directions just ask one of our Bay Adventurer team members.
"It was the best time I ever, ever had. The air is so fresh and the place is so clean, peaceful and nice. People here are so kind. I enjoyed it very much, thanks." Eoyte 2006
Dive the Canterbury Wreck
Get up to the Bay of Islands, spend the weekend and get out to Deepwater Cove at Cape Brett and dive the retired navy frigate HMNZS Canterbury.
We can also arrange your diving experiences on the Rainbow Warrior and the Poor Knights Marine Reserve, ask at the office for details and forward bookings to secure your place.